Monday, October 26, 2009

Ten things I'll miss the most if I have to leave Adelaide




Adelaide was a new place when me and wife came over here almost 1.5 years back. But we have developed some strong bonds with the city. There are some things that I am going to miss terribly if I have to move out at some stage:

  1. We made some nice friends here. Friends who have been with us through the good and bad times of life. I think their company is the single most thing I am going to miss.
  2. Living by the beach: We were lucky to find a house next the beach. This would have just been a mere dream elsewhere. I would miss the evening strolls, the cool breeze, the jetty and the romantic sunsets.
  3. Meditation sessions at Australian School of Meditation: I can't thank enough Gopaladasi and BalakrishanDas for their meditation retreats. The couple organises free chanting and meditation classes at their place and offer free food too to all patrons. The chanting experience is extremely mesmerising and has brought me even closer to my spiritual self.
  4. BC sessions with a workmate: I think I have had a great time gossiping with a friend of mine at work. Over period of time, we have developed a special frequency. Certain things mean special to us and we can relate to situation in the wink of an eye. 
  5. My time at the gym: Adelaide is the place which let me have some time for myself and my health. Gym is another important part of my routine and I am going to miss it too.
  6. 20 mins drive: Adelaide is a small city and life here is extremely manageable. Takes merely 20 mins to drive from work to home. Another 10 and you can reach from anywhere to anywhere in the city.
  7. Great pizzas: Adelaide has got heaps of places which make excellent pizzas. Pedro's, Squisito Cafe Fellini (special dessert pizzas) are just few of them.
  8. Breakfast in the hills: Living in Adelaide gave us the luxury of living by the moment without having to plan in advance for outings. Sometimes, me and my wife drive up to Adelaide hills just to have some breakfast. The views from Mount Lofty summit, the fresh made doughnuts in Handorf are all worth being missed.
  9. Haigh's chocolates: My wife loves the Haigh's chocolates' Caramel coated with milk chocolate. She just can't stop eating them once she starts!
  10. Hmm....Cant really think of a 10th one! Does anyone else know something about the city which I would miss!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That place sounds heavenly. I will need to be sure to add this to my list of things to do someday...

Unknown said...

Yeah Wil.Though its not a happening place(comparable to Vegas, your recent holiday destination, by no means),its a quiet and calm place.

Ashwita said...

If you happen to come back to India, I think you're going to miss the roads too ;-)

Unknown said...

I cant agree more Ashwita!