Sunday, September 30, 2007

What next !!

One of my friends gave GMAT last week and scored 740.So these days both of us are trying to find answers to some of the most common questions. Though both of us are trying to find answers for him, I ask the same questions to myself and don’t get much of satisfactory answers:
1. Why do you want to do an MBA?
Ahmmmm...Ummmm...just because everyone around is doing it, or may be I don’t have an appetite to continue in a technical line for all my life...or I want to shift from software to some other field..or may be I have reached a point where I feel that I can not grow more if I continue staying technical and MBA might be a jumpstart...
I don’t have a definitive anwser..it could be all of the above or none of the above or may be a mix..
2. What do you plan to do after MBA?
Hmmmm….consulting..marketing..sales…research..finance..retail..well I think for most of these I don’t even understand what they actually involve. I think I just understand what they mean but if I have to write even five lines for each of them, I am at loss of words/thoughts/ideas…
3. How about the school selection, financing MBA etc.
If at any stage I think for an MBA, I will have to decide on some matters of vital importance to me...my family planning, my current job, my wife’s career, my responsibilities to my family…etc...
So for the next few weeks, both of us, me and my friend are going to find answers to some of the questions above.
If there is anybody reading out there and can point us in the right direction, it would be great!!

No comments: